Sunday, December 13, 2015

2

Just as the grains are pushed back and forth among the plains so to is my heart always swaying with the hint of the breeze. Blowing one way one day and the other the next; never fully committed to one direction or the other. Balance and commitment elude me as battle lines form between flesh and spirit; war is raged on both sides pushing and pulling the heart every which way causing chaos and struggle that seems to never end. But you oh Lord see the playing field as a whole. You know the players and their pieces and see the battlefield clearly. You know that my heart remains a mess, full of angst and fear. You know of the truth behind the pain and know why i find it so hard to trust. Show me the truth oh Lord and grant me your favor. It is only in your presence that the battle is finally quiet, only in your presence where the war will cease. With you there is no struggle, there is no pain, only truth, only peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment